The Nigeria Scrabble Federation was formed in 1989. She oversees the organization and the promotion of the game of Scrabble in Nigeria.
The association now known as the Nigeria Scrabble Federation was formed at a congress of Scrabble players who had converged for the first ever Inter-club Scrabble competition in Nigeria, during the Easter holidays of 1989, under the auspices of the Ibadan Scrabble club. Click here to read more about the history of Scrabble in Nigeria.
An elected board led by the President directs the affairs of the club. See members of the current NSF board here.
Member Awards and Titles
- 11 African Scrabble Championship titles (1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016)
- World Scrabble Championship (2007) 3rd place
- Causeway Challenge 2008 3rd place
- 2015 WESPAC World Scrabble Championship Champion
- 2015 WESPAC World Scrabble Championship Best Scrabble Nation
- 2017 WESPAC World Scrabble Championship 2nd place
- 2017 WESPAC World Scrabble Championship Best Scrabble Nation