The NSF Inaugural Board Meeting was held in line with the 2021 National Sports Federation Code of Governance and as an outcome of the statutory meeting, the following decisions were reached.
- With the inauguration of respective Sports Federations by the Honorable Minister of Youth and Sports Development (Mr. Sunday Dare). The Nigeria Scrabble Federation (NSF) as presently constituted is the only body recognized by the Federal Government of Nigeria, and it is saddled with the responsibility of coordinating, supervising, controlling, directing, developing, and organizing scrabble sport in Nigeria.
- In accordance with the above, it is therefore mandatory for any individual, group, or organization that intends to organize any scrabble activity, to seek permission and obtain approval from the NSF.
In repositioning NSF, the Board is set to do the following:
- Increase number of tournaments in the country
- Improve administration and coordination of scrabble activities in the country
- Improve and include scrabble in schools.
- Invigorate club/inter-club scrabble activities
- Ensure Nigeria's representation at international events
- Ensure payment of all outstanding prize monies
- Ensure a better drive for sponsorship and corporate involvement.
Protocols to be observed in communicating/dealing with the NSF.
All letters to the NSF must be addressed to the President through the Secretary via this email address (email@example.com )